Please note that this opportunity is open to U.S. citizens only.
The Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) is the US Air Force premier graduate school. The Excellence in Engineering & Science Summer Internship (E2S2I) is a summer program that hosts students from undergraduate institutions throughout the United States. The Graduate School of Engineering & Management at the Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base has a long history of graduate research and education. The E2S2I program allows students to develop scientific and engineering independence and self-confidence through participation in actual research projects in a graduate educational environment.
- The Program benefits undergraduate students by immersing them in graduate level research with professors and graduate students.
- Many Interns are AFROTC cadets who receive the benefit of witnessing AFIT's graduate level programs.
- Interns are encouraged to pursue MS or PhD Programs at AFIT at a future time in their careers -- the experience gives a head start at AFIT
- Learn about the Air Force, Department of Defense Laboratories, and graduate education programs.
- Non AFROTC students witness government graduate education which may influence future employment decisions with the government.
- Interns provide valuable assistance to AFIT's, therefore the Air Force's, current research activities.
Research Projects by Department
- Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Operational Sciences
- Systems and Engineering Management
View more Information: