Dr. Miller has published more than 10 articles in peer-reviewed journals, 40 articles in peer-reviewed conferences and holds more than 80 issued US Patents. The following are a sample of recent publications.
Recent Journal Publications Include:
1. Ochs, K.S.; Miller, M.E.; Thal, A.E.; and Ritschel, J.D. (2014). A proposed method for analyzing infrastructure investment decisions involving rapidly evolving technology: A case study in LED streetlights, Journal of Management in Engineering, 30(1), pp. 41-49.
2. Parr, J.C., Miller, M.E., Pellettiere, J.A., and Erich, R.A. (2013). Neck Injury Criteria Formulation and Injury Risk Curves for the Ejection Environment: A Pilot Study, Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine, 84(12), pp. 1240-1248.
3. Gilman, J.M.; Miller, M.E.; Grimaila, M.R. (2013) A simplified control system for a daylight-matched LED lamp, Lighting Research and Technology, 45(5), pp. 614-629.
4. Colombi, J.; Miller, M.E.; Schneider M.; McGrogan, J.; Long, D.S.; and Plaga, J. (2012). Predictive Mental Workload Modeling for Semi-Autonomous System Design: Implications for Systems of Systems, Journal of Systems Engineering, 15(4), pp. 448-460.
5. Miller, M.E. and Murdoch, M.J. (2009). RGB to RGBW conversion with current limiting for OLED displays, Journal of the Society for Information Display, 17(3), pp. 195-202.
Recent Conference Papers:
1. Splawn, J. and Miller M.E. (2013) Prediction of perceived workload from task performance and heart rate measures, Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, San Diego, CA.
2. Uribe, D.J. and Miller, M.E. (2013) Eye movements when viewing a HMD under vibration, Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, San Diego, CA.
3. Uribe, D., Miller, M.E., and Smith, S. (2013). An analysis of the vestibulo-ocular reflex during vibration, Proceedings of the International Symposium on Aviation Psychology, Dayton, OH, Vol. 4, pp. 506-511.
4. Santana, L.C.R.A., Langhals, B.T., Miller, M.E. and Finomore, V. (2013) Does supplementary computer generated cueing enhance controller efficiency in a congested communication environment?, Proceedings of the International Symposium on Aviation Psychology, Dayton, OH, Vol. 4, pp.226-231.
5. Russi, J.G., Langhals, B.T., Miller, M.E., Heft, E. (2013). The effects of stereoscopic radar displays on air traffic controller performance, Proceedings of the International Symposium on Aviation Psychology, Dayton, OH, Vol. 4, pp. 317-322.
6. Parr, J.C., Miller, M.E., Bridges, N.R., Buhrman, C.E. Perry, N.L. Wright (2012). Evaluation of the Nij Neck Injury Criteria with Human Response Data for Use in Future Research on Helmet Mounted Display Mass Properties, Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 56th Annual Meeting. Boston, MA.
7. Gilman, J. and Miller, M.E. (2012). Daylight Matching with Blended-CCT LED Lamp, Proceedings of the Society for Information Display, Boston, MA.
8. Ochs, K.S., Miller, M.E., and Thal, A. (2012). Time Valued Technology: Evaluating Infrastructure Replacement with Rapidly Emerging Technology, Proceedings of the Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Orlando, FL.
9. Machuca, J., Miller, M.E., and Colombi, J. (2012). A Cognitive Task Analysis-based Evaluation of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Situation Awareness Transfer Mechanisms, IEEE International Multi-Disciplinary Conference on Cognitive Methods in Situation Awareness and Decision Support, New Orleans, LA.
10. Pond, T., Webster, B., Machuca, J., Colombi, J. Miller, M. and Gibb, R. (2012). Allocation of Communications to Reduce Mental Workload, Conference on Systems Engineering Research, St. Louis, MO.
Best Paper-Engineering Economy, Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, 2012
Distinguished Paper Award, Society for Information Display, Display Week Conference, 2008
Distinguished Inventor, Eastman Kodak Research Laboratories, 2005
Silver Team Achievement Award, Eastman Kodak Research Laboratories, 2005
C.E.K. Mees Award for Technical Achievement, Eastman Kodak Research Laboratories, 2004
Silver Team Achievement Award, Eastman Kodak Company, 2000
Student Scholarship Award, Society for Information Display, 1992
Spotlight Award, International Business Machines, 1989
Graduate Student Services Award, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Ohio University, 1988