Adedeji Badiru is SES-Equivalent Dean of the Graduate School of Engineering and Management at the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, Ohio. He was previously Professor and Head of Systems Engineering at AFIT. He was also previously Professor and Head of Industrial & Information Engineering at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Prior to that, he was Professor of Industrial Engineering and Dean of University College at the University of Oklahoma, Norman. He is a registered professional engineer (PE), a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), a Fellow of the Institute of Industrial Engineers, and a Fellow of the Nigerian Academy of Engineering. He has BS in Industrial Engineering, MS in Mathematics, and MS in Industrial Engineering from Tennessee Technological University, and Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from the University of Central Florida. His areas of interest include mathematical modeling, project modeling and analysis, economic analysis, and productivity analysis and improvement. He is the author of several books and technical journal articles. He is the editor of the Handbook of Industrial & Systems Engineering. He is a member of several professional associations including Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE), Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Institute for Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS), American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), New York Academy of Science (NYAS), and Project Management Institute (PMI). He has served as a consultant to several organizations around the world including Russia, Mexico, Taiwan, Nigeria, and Ghana. He has conducted customized training workshops for numerous organizations including Sony, AT&T, Seagate Technology, U.S. Air Force, Oklahoma Gas & Electric, Oklahoma Asphalt Pavement Association, Hitachi, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, and ExxonMobil. He has won several awards for his teaching, research, publications, administration, and professional accomplishments. He holds a leadership certificate from the University Tennessee Leadership Institute. Prof. Badiru has served as a Technical Project Reviewer, curriculum reviewer, and proposal reviewer for several organizations including The Third-World Network of Scientific Organizations, Italy, National Science Foundation, National Research Council, and the American Council on Education. He is on the editorial and review boards of several technical journals and book publishers. Prof. Badiru has also served as an Industrial Development Consultant to the United Nations Development Program. He was the 2011 Federal Employee of the Year Award in the Managerial Category, International Public Management Association, Wright Patterson Air Force Base. He has also received other national and international awards and recognitions.
1979 Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering, Tennessee Technological University
1981 Master of Science, Mathematics, Tennessee Technological University
1982 Master of Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Tennessee Technological University
1984 PhD, Industrial Engineering, University of Central Florida
CHRONOLOGY OF ASSIGNMENTS
- Dean, Graduate School of Engineering and Management, Air Force Institute of Technology, (October 2013 - Present)
- Department Head, Department of Systems & Engineering Management, Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio (October 2006 - 2013)
- Department Head, Department of Industrial & Information Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN (2000 – 2006)
- Dean of University College and Professor of Industrial Engineering, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma (1995-2000)
- Associate Professor, School of Industrial Engineering, University of Oklahoma (1990 - 1995)
- Assistant Professor, School of Industrial Engineering, University of Oklahoma (1985 - 1990)
- Teaching Associate, Industrial Engineering Dept, Univ. of Central Florida (1982 -1984)
- Graduate Instructor, Industrial Engineering Department, Tennessee Tech Univ. (1981 -1982)
- Instructor, Mathematics Department, Tennessee Tech (1979 -1981)
SELECTED AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Award Team Lead, Air University C3 (Cost Conscious Culture), AFIT, Feb 2013.
- Selected as finalist, 2013 State Department Jefferson Science Fellows program, National Academy of Sciences, Feb 2013.
- 2012 IIE Medallion Award, Institute of Industrial Engineers, May 21, 2012
- Book of the Month Recognition for Statistical Techniques for Project Control, Institute of Industrial Engineers, May 2012
- 2012 Distinguished Alumni Award, College of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, March 22, 2012.
- 2011 Federal Employee of the Year Award in the Managerial Category, International Public Management Association, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, May 5, 2011.
- 2011; Nominated by a committee of Women in Operations Research and Management Science (WORMS) for outstanding professional mentor for career advancement of women, INFORMS
- Commandant’s Recognition Plaque for Superior Service from Nigerian Air Force Institute of Technology, February 2011
- 2010 ASEE John L. Imhoff Global Excellence Award for Industrial Engineering Education
- 2010 IIE Book-of-the-Year Award for “Handbook of Military Industrial Engineering”
- 2009 Editor’s Choice Award for “The Physics of Soccer: Using math and science to improve your game,” iUniverse, Inc., November 2009.
- Blue Dart Award, Commander’s Academic Recognition, Air Education and Training Command, Maxwell Air Force Base, Montgomery, AL, May 22, 2009.
- Badiru, A. B. (2014), Handbook of Industrial and Systems Engineering, 2nd Edition, Taylor & Francis CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL
- Badiru, A. B. and S. O. Osisanya (2013), Project Management for the Oil & Gas Industry, Taylor & Francis CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL
- Badiru, A. B. and LeeAnn Racz (2013), Handbook of Emergency Response: A Human Factors and Systems Engineering Approach, Taylor & Francis CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL
- Agustiady, Tina and Badiru, A. B. (2013), Sustainability: Utilizing Lean Six Sigma Techniques, Taylor & Francis CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL
- Badiru, A. B.; Oye Ibidapo-Obe; and B. J. Ayeni (2012), Industrial Control Systems: Mathematical and Statistical Models and Techniques, Taylor & Francis CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
- Badiru, A. B. (2012), Project Management: Systems, Principles, and Applications, Taylor & Francis CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
- Badiru, A. B. and Tina Kovach (2012), Statistical Techniques for Project Control, Taylor & Francis CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
- Badiru, A. B. and O. A. Omitaomu (2011), Handbook of Industrial Engineering Equations, Formulas, and Calculations, Taylor & Francis CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2011.
- Badiru, A. B. and Marlin U. Thomas (2009), editors, Handbook of Military Industrial Engineering, Taylor & Francis CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.
SELECTED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- Badiru, A. B. and Marlin Thomas (2013): Quantification of the PICK Chart for Process Improvement Decisions, Journal of Enterprise Transformation, 3:1, 1-15, 2013.
- Badiru, A. B., “Application of the DEJI Model for Aerospace Product Integration,” Journal of Aviation and Aerospace Perspectives (JAAP), Vol. 2, No. 2, Fall 2012.
- Badiru, A. B., “Half-Life Learning Curves in the Defense Acquisition Lifecycle,” Defense Acquisition Research Journal, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 283-308, 2012.
- Wu, Teresa; Mengqi Hu; A. B. Badiru; and Som Soni, “A Single Loop Deterministic Method for Reliability Based Design Optimization,” Engineering Optimization, published online, iFirst, July 2012, pp. 1-24.
- Badiru, A. B. and Rochelle R. Jones, “Project Management for Executing Distance Education Programs,” Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice , Vol. 138, No. 3, July 2012, pp. 154-162.
- Badiru, A. B. and Rochelle R. Jones, “A Systems Framework for Distance Learning in Engineering Graduate Programs,” Systems Engineering Journal, Vol. 15, No. 1, 2012.
- Grimaila, Michael and A. B. Badiru, “A Hybrid Dynamic Decision Making Methodology for Defensive Information Technology Contingency Measure Selection in the Presence of Cyber Threats,” Operational Research: An International Journal, Vol. 10, No. 3, Jan 2011, pp. 1-22.
- Teresa Wu, Som Soni, Mengqi Hu, Fan Li and A. Badiru, "The application of Memetic Algorithms for Forearm Crutch Design: A Case Study," Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Vol 2011, Paper ID 162580, pp. 1-14.
- Omitaomu, O. A., MK Jeong, and A. B. Badiru, “Online Support Vector Regression With Varying Parameters for Time-Dependent Data,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics – Part A: Systems and Humans, Vol. 41, No. 1, Jan 2011, pp. 191-197.
- Badiru, A. B., “Half-life of Learning Curves for Information Technology Project Management,” International Journal of IT Project Management, 1(3), 28-45, July-September 2010.
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Full Professor: August 1995 (University of Oklahoma)
Associate Professor: August 1990 - July 1995(University of Oklahoma)
Assistant Professor : Jan 1985 - July 1990 (University of Oklahoma)
Current as of 5 December 2013