1999 Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA Dissertation Title: Improving the Real-Time Performance of a Wireless Local Area Network. Advisor: Nathaniel J. Davis IV
1992 Master of Science in Computer Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH Curriculum Sequence: Software Engineering Thesis Title: A Model for Determining Task Set Schedulability in the Presence of System Effects. Advisor: Paul D. Bailor
1988 Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (Cum Laude), New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM Curriculum Sequence: Digital Design
computer communication networks, embedded and wireless networking, computer security, information assurance, and reconfigurable computing systems. email: email@example.com
Selected Journal Publications
1) D. D. Hodson*, R. O. Baldwin, D. Gehl, J. Weber, and S. Narayanan, “Real-Time Design Patterns in Virtual Simulations,” (accepted for publication in the International Journal of Modeling and Simulation), March 2009.
2) D. W. Marsh*, R. O. Baldwin, B. E. Mullins, R. F. Mills, and M. R. Grimaila, “A Security Policy Language for Wireless Sensor Networks,” Journal of Systems and Software, January 2009, Vol. 82, No. 1, pp. 101-111.
3) C. R. Mann*, R. O. Baldwin, J. P. Kharoufeh, and B. E. Mullins, “A Queueing Approach to Optimal Resource Replication in Wireless Sensor Networks,” Performance Evaluation, October 2008, Vol. 65, No. 10, pp. 689-700.
4) A. N. Phillips*, B. E. Mullins, R. A. Raines, and R. O. Baldwin, “A Secure Group Communication Architecture for Autonomous Unmanned Aerial Vehicles,” Security and Communication Networks, John Wiley and Sons, DOI: 10.1002/sec.55, 28 August 2008, pp. 1-15.
5) G. L. Peterson, R. A. Raines, and R. O. Baldwin, “Digital Forensics Educational Needs in the Miami Valley Region,” Journal of Applied Security Research, Vol. 3, No. 3/4, June 2008, pp. 429-439.
6) G. J. Jordt*, R. O. Baldwin, J. F. Raquet, and B. E. Mullins, “Energy Cost and Error Performance of Range-Aware, Anchor-Free Localization Algorithms,” Ad hoc Networks, June 2008, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 539-559.
7) C. R. Mann*, R. O. Baldwin, J. P. Kharoufeh, and B. E. Mullins, “Energy-efficient Agent Replication for Finite-lifetime Resources in Wireless Sensor Networks with Time-constrained Queries,” Mobile Computing and Communications Review, April 2008, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 31-39.
8) T. E. Dube*, B. D. Birrer*, R. A. Raines, R. O. Baldwin, B. E. Mullins, R. F. Bennington, and C. E. Reuter, “Hindering Reverse Engineering: Thinking Outside the Box,” IEEE Security and Privacy, Vol. 6, No. 2, March/April 2008, pp. 58-65.
9) C. J. Augeri, B. E. Mullins, L. C. Baird III, D. A. Bulutoglu, and R. O. Baldwin, “An Algorithm for Determining Isomorphism Using Lexicographic Sorting and the Matrix Inverse”, Congressus Numerantium, December 2007, Vol. 184, pp. 97-120.
10)J. Lopez Jr.*, R. A. Raines, M. A. Temple, R. O. Baldwin, and J. P. Stephens Sr., “An Investigation On The Effects Of Emerging 4G Transmissions On 3G Networks,” International Journal on Management Science – OMEGA – Special Issue on Telecommunications, December 2007, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp. 706-714.
11)K. S. Edge*, R. A. Raines, R. O. Baldwin, M. R. Grimaila, R. W. Bennington, and C. E. Reuter, “Analyzing Security Measures for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks Using Attack and Protection Trees,” Journal of Information Warfare, August 2007, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 25-38.
12)V. P. Hubenko, Jr.*, R. A. Raines, R. F. Mills, R. O. Baldwin, B. E. Mullins and M. R. Grimaila, “Improving Satellite Multicast Security Scalability by Reducing Re-keying Requirements,” IEEE Network Special Issue on Advances in Network Systems Architecture, July/August 2007, pp. 51-56.
13) G. R. Roelke*, R. O. Baldwin, B. E. Mullins and Y. C. Kim, “A Cache Architecture for Extremely Unreliable Nanotechnologies,” IEEE Transactions on Reliability, June 2007, Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 182-197.
14)C. R. Mann*, R. O. Baldwin, J. P. Kharoufeh, and B. E. Mullins, “A Trajectory-based Selective Broadcast Query Protocol for Large-Scale, High Density Wireless Sensor Networks,” Telecommunication Systems:Modeling, Analysis, Design and Management, June 2007, Vol. 35, No. 1-2, (Available online 12 Sep 07), pp. 67-86.
15)S. D. Bass* and R. O. Baldwin, “A Model for Managing Decision-Making Information in the GIG-Enabled Battlespace,” Air & Space Power Journal (ASPJ), Summer 2007, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 100-108.