School and Program Admissions Criteria
: MS in relevant area (or BS in relevant area if applying directly to the Ph.D. program after completing a BS degree)
TEST REQUIRED: GRE – 153V/148Q
GPA REQUIRED: 3.50
- Waivers to the above criteria may be granted on a case by case basis. Therefore, individuals whose academic credentials fall below any of the above criteria are encouraged to apply.
A minimum of 36 hours (post-MS) consisting of 28 hours of integrated coursework which supports the student’s area of research specialization and 8 hours of mathematics. This coursework will normally be at the 600-level or above. Up to 12 hours of the required 36 hours can be waived based on courses taken since the undergraduate degree.
At least 48 hours of the following courses, Dissertation Research, leading to the successful completion of the Ph.D. dissertation.
- CSCE 999 - Dissertation Research
Research Specialties in Computer Engineering
Computer Engineering faculty are currently conducting research in the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Computer Architectures
- Computer Networks
- Computer/Network Attack
- Computer/Network Defense
- Computer/Network Forensics
- Digital Design – FPGAs
- High Performance Computing
- Reverse Engineering and Code Protection
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems
- Software Engineering
- Wireless Sensor Networks
<< Back to the Doctoral Degree Programs