Colonel Laurie K. Richter is Dean of The Civil Engineer School, Air Force Institute of Technology at Wright-Patterson AFB Ohio where she is responsible for providing technical, environmental and engineering management focused professional continuing education to 5,500 military and civilian members annually as well as the initial skills training for all newly commissioned civil engineer officers.
Col Richter entered the Air Force in 1994 as a distinguished graduate of the Georgia Institute of Technology ROTC program. She has served as a group and squadron commander, and has held multiple positions at the base, major command, Air Staff, Numbered Air Force, and Joint Staff levels. She has also supported joint warfighters in both the Iraq and Afghanistan theaters of operation.
1994 Bachelor of Civil Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Ga.
1998 Naval School Explosive Ordnance Disposal, Eglin AFB/Indian Head, Md.
2000 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (Correspondence)
2001 Master of Science in Engineering and Environmental Management, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
2004 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (Correspondence)
2008 Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2010 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (Correspondence)
2015 Joint Forces Staff College, Joint Professional Military Education Phase II, Norfolk, Va.
- June 1994 – March 19905, Environmental Engineer, Sheppard AFB, TX
- March 1995 – October 1996, Chief, Military Construction, Sheppard AFB, TX
- October 1996 – May 1997, Chief, Commander’s Support Staff, Sheppard AFB, TX
- May 1997 – January 1998, Student, Naval School Explosive Ordnance Disposal, Eglin AFB, FL/Indian Head, MD.
- January 1998 – August 1999, Chief, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Flight and Commander, 977th Civil Engineer Squadron, Kirtland AFB, NM
- August 1999 – March 2001, Student, Engineering and Environmental Management Department, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright Patterson AFB, OH
- March 2001 – June 2004, Course Director, Civil Engineer and Services School, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright Patterson AFB, OH
- June 2004 – November 2005, Chief, Emergency Services Branch, Readiness Division, Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
- November 2005 – May 2006, J3 Operations Chief, Combined Joint Task Force Troy (Counter – Improvised Explosive Device), Camp Victory, Baghdad, Iraq
- May 2006 – June 2007, Chief, Plans and Requirements, Programs Division, Headquarters United State Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
- July 2007 – June 2008, Student, Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, KS
- June 2008 – June 2010, Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Program Director, Readiness & Emergency Management Division, Office of the Civil Engineer, Headquarters United States Air Force, Washington D.C.
- July 2010 – July 2012, Commander, 355th Civil Engineer Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ
- July 2012 – July 2015, Chief, Capabilities Integration Branch, Joint Requirements Office for CBRN Defense, J8, Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
- July 2015 – June 2016, Chief, Sustainment Division, Office of the Director of Civil Engineers, Deputy Chief of Staff, Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters United States Air Force, Washington D.C.
- July 2016 – June 2018, Commander, 355th Mission Support Group, Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ
- July 2018 – June 2021, Chief of Staff, 12th Air Force (Air Forces Southern), Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ
- July 2021 – Present, Dean, The Civil Engineer School, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
National Defense Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border