B.S., 1990 Mathematics, University of Tampa, Magna cum Laude Graduate
M.A.S., 1991 Applied Statistics, Ohio State University, Theodore von Karman Graduate Scholarship Awardee
Ph.D., 1998 Statistics, Texas A&M University
Outstanding AFIT Instructor of the Quarter for Fall 1998, Summer 2001, Winter 2003
Outstanding ENC Instructor of the Quarter for Winter 2010, Summer 2010, Spring 2011, Winter 2012, Spring 2017
Dr. Leslie M. Norton Teaching Excellence Award, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017
Ohio Magazine’s Excellence in Education Honoree, 2012
Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education (SOCHE) Faculty Excellence Award winner, 2016
1. Dynamic Model Validation Metric Based on Wavelet Thresholded Signals, Journal of Verification, Validation and Uncertainty Quantification 2(2), 021002-1 to 021002-10, Andrew Atkinson, Raymond Hill, Joseph Pignatiello, G. Geoffrey Vining, Edward White, and Eric Chicken, 2017.
2. Probabilistic Assessment of Failure for United States Air Force Building Systems, Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities 31(5), 04017088-1 to 04017088-10, Stephanie L. Alley, Vhance V. Valencia, Alfred E. Thal, Jr., and Edward D. White, III, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CF.1943-5509.0001077
3. The Performance of the AUDIT-C and the Examination of Risks Associated with Post-Deployment Alcohol Misuse in Air Force Medical Service Personnel, Military Psychology 29(4), 327–335, Genny M. Maupin, Anthony P. Tvaryanas, Edward D. White, Heather J. Lysfjord, and Valarie M. Schroeder, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/mil0000167
4. Wavelet ANOVA Approach to Model Validation, Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory 78, 18-27, Andrew Atkinson, Raymond Hill, Joseph Pignatiello Jr., G. Geoffrey Vining, Edward White, and Eric Chicken, 2017.
5. Forecasting Foreign Currency Exchange Rates for Department of Defense Budgeting, Journal of Public Procurement 17(3), 315-336, Nicholas R. Gardner, Jonathan D. Ritschel, Edward D. White, and Andrew T. Wallen, 2017.
6. Analyzing Cost Growth at Program Stages for DoD Aircraft, Defense Acquisition Research Journal 24(3), 386–407, Scott J. Kozlak*, Edward D. White, Jonathan D. Ritschel, Brandon M. Lucas, and Michael J. Seibel, 2017. https://doi.org/10.22594/dau.16-763.24.03
7. An Investigation of Nonparametric Data Mining Techniques for Acquisition Cost Estimating, Defense Acquisition Research Journal 24(2), 302-332, Gregory E. Brown and Edward D. White, 2017.
8. Risk Factors for Incident Postdeployment Mental Health Conditions among U.S. Air Force Medical Service Personnel, Military Medicine 182(S1), 251–257, Genny M. Maupin, Anthony P. Tvaryanas, Edward D. White, and Heather J. Lysfjord, 2017. doi: 10.7205/MILMED-D-16-00052
9. Measuring U.S. Air Force Installation Support Activities via Data Envelopment Analysis, Military Operations Research 22(1), 39–58, B. Boehmke, R. Jackson, A. Johnson, E. White, J. Weir, and M. Gallagher, 2017. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.4338.4087
10. Parameter specification for the degree distribution of simulated Barabási–Albert graphs, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications 465 (1 January), 141–152, Fairul Mohd-Zaid, Christine M. Schubert Kabban, Richard F. Deckro, and Edward D. White, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.physa.2016.07.024.
11. Counteracting Harmful Incentives in DoD Acquisition through Test and Evaluation Oversight, The ITEA Journal of Test and Evaluation 37(3), 218–226, Nathan C. Smith*, Edward D. White, Jonathan D. Ritschel, and Alfred E. Thal, Jr., 2016.
12. Using Pre-Milestone B Data to Predict Schedule Duration for Defense Acquisition Programs, Journal of Cost Analysis and Parametrics 9(2), 112–126, Christopher A. Jimenez*, Edward D. White, Gregory E. Brown, Jonathan D. Ritschel, Brandon M. Lucas, and Michael J. Seibel, 2016.
13. Wartime Construction Project Outcomes as a Function of Contract Type, Defense Acquisition Research Journal 23(3), 331–358, Ryan Hoff, Gregory Hammond, Peter Feng, and Edward White, 2016.
14. Tooth-to-Tail Impact Analysis: Combining Econometric Modeling and Bayesian Networks to Assess Support Cost Consequences Due to Changes in Force Structure, Journal of Cost Analysis and Parametrics 9(1), 2–31, Bradley Boehmke, Alan Johnson, Edward White, Jeffery Weir, and Mark Gallagher, 2016.
15. Time Phasing Aircraft R&D using the Weibull and Beta Distributions, Journal of Cost Analysis and Parametrics 8(3), 150–164, Gregory E. Brown*, Edward D. White, Jonathan D. Ritschel, and Michael J. Seibel, 2015.
16. Using Earned Value Data to Forecast the Duration of Department of Defense Space Acquisition Programs, Journal of Cost Analysis and Parametrics 8(2), 92–107, Shedrick Bridgeforth, Jonathan D. Ritschel, Edward White, and Grant Keaton, 2015.
17. Bending the Cost Curve: Moving the Focus from Macro-level to Micro-level Cost Trends with Cluster Analysis, Journal of Cost Analysis and Parametrics 8(2), 126–148, B. Boehmke, A. Johnson, E. White, J. Weir, and M. Gallagher, 2015.
18. Stability Properties in Department of Defense Contracts: Answering the Controversy, Journal of Public Procurement 15(3), 341–364, J.L. Petter, J.D. Ritschel, and E.D. White, 2015.
19. Nonlinear Screening Designs for Defense Testing: An Overview and Case Study, Journal of Defense Modeling and Simulation: Applications, Methodology, Technology 12(3), 335–342, S. Dougherty, J. Simpson, R. Hill, J. Pignatiello, and E. White, 2015.
20. Effect of Heredity and Sparsity on Second-Order Screening Design Performance, Quality and Reliability Engineering International 31, 355–368, S. Dougherty, J. Simpson, R. Hill, J. Pignatiello, and E. White, 2015.
21. Supersaturated Designs with the Maximum Number of Factors for a Given Resolution-Rank, Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice 9(2), 419–435, Alex J. Gutman*, Dursun A. Bulutoglu, and Edward D. White, 2015.
22. Augmentation of Definitive Screening Designs (DSD+), International Journal of Experimental Design and Process Optimisation 4(2), 91–115, S. Dougherty, J. Simpson, R. Hill, J. Pignatiello, and E. White, 2014.
23. Investigating the Correlation of the U.S. Air Force Physical Fitness Test to Combat-Based Fitness: A Women Only Study, Military Medicine 179(6), 653–658, T. Mitchell*, E. D. White III, and D. Ritschel, 2014.
24. Investigation into the Ratio of Operating and Support Costs to Life-Cycle Costs for DoD Weapon Systems, Defense Acquisition Research Journal 21(1), 442–464, G. Jones*, E. White, E. Ryan, and J. Ritschel, 2014.
25. Augmenting Supersaturated Designs with Bayesian D-Optimality, Computational Statistics & Data Analysis 71, 1147 – 1158, A. J. Gutman*, E. D. White, D. K. J. Lin, and R. R. Hill, 2014.
26. Earned Schedule 10 Years Later: Analyzing Military Programs, CrossTalk 27(2), 30–33, K. T. Crumrine, J. D. Ritschel, and E. D. White, 2014.
27. Degradation Modeling of Polyurea Pavement Markings, Public Works Management & Policy 18(2), 185–199, W. E. Sitzabee, E. D. White, and A. W. Dowling, 2013.
28. Daylighting Strategies: Life-Cycle Cost Modeling and Policy Implications for Emerging Technology, Engineering Management Journal 24(4), 3-17, S. M. Lee, A. E. Thal Jr., E. J. Unger, and E. D. White III, 2012.
29. Modifying the U.S. Air Force Fitness Test to Reflect Physical Combat Fitness: One Study's Perspective, Military Medicine 177(9), 1090-1094, T. Worden* and E. D. White, 2012.
30. Comparison of Cumulative Average to Unit Learning Curves: A Monte Carlo Approach, Journal of Cost Analysis and Parametrics 5(1), 52–61, T. Miller, A. Dowling, D. Youd, E. Unger, and E. White, 2012.
31. Using Earned Value Data to Detect Potential Problems in Acquisition Contracts, Journal of Cost Analysis and Parametrics 4(2), 148-159, C. G. Keaton*, E. D. White, and E. J. Unger, 2011.
32. Estimating the Final Cost of a DoD Acquisition Contract, Journal of Public Procurement 11(2), 190-205, S. P. Tracy* and E. D. White, 2011.
33. Estimation of Cost Contingency for Air Force Construction Projects, Journal of Construction Engineering and Management 136(11), 1181-1188, A. E. Thal Jr., J. J. Cook, and E. D. White III, 2010.
34. Using Growth Models to Improve Accuracy of Estimates at Completion for Over Target Baseline Contracts, Journal of Cost Analysis and Parametrics (Fall), 37-43, E. T. Poulos* and E. D. White, 2010.
35. Improving Procurement Through Regression Analysis: A Case Study of Predicting Argentine Jet Fuel Prices, Journal of Public Procurement 9(1), 1-16, J. A. Salaverry* and E. D. White, 2009.
36. Empirical Evidence Relating Aircraft Age and Operating and Support Cost Growth, Journal of Cost Analysis and Parametrics (Fall), 31-43, E. M. Hawkes and E. D. White, 2008.
37. Predicting Engineering and Schedule Procurement Cost Growth for Major DoD Programs, Journal of Public Procurement 7(3), 362-380, C. J. McDaniel* and E. D. White, 2007.
38. Predicting the Cost Per Flying Hour for the F-16 Using Programmatic and Operational Data, Journal of Cost Analysis and Management (Fall), 15-27, E. M. Hawkes* and E. D. White, 2007.
39. Predicting Energy Expenditure for the Ambulatory Neurologically Impaired Patient: A Regression Approach, International Journal on Disability and Human Development, 6(3), 301-308, E. D. White, 2007.
40. A Multiple-Task Measurement Framework for Assessing Maximum-Typical Performance, Human Performance, 20(3), 241-258, P. M. Mangos, D. Steele-Johnson, D. LaHuis, and E. D. White, 2007.
41. Extending Cost Growth Estimation to Predict Schedule Risk, Journal of Cost Analysis and Management (Winter), 1-13, J. V. Monaco* and E. D. White, 2006.
42. Predicting RDT&E Cost Growth, Journal of Cost Analysis and Management (Fall), 1-12, D. C. Genest* and E. D. White, 2005.
43. Refinement of Estimates: Using Logistic and Multiple Regression to Predict Cost Growth, Military Operations Research, 10(3), 45-56, J. Bielecki* and E. D. White, 2005.
44. Estimating Cost Growth From Schedule Changes: A Regression Approach, Cost Engineering, 47 (8), 28-34, J.V. Bielecki* and E. D. White, 2005.
45. A Regression Approach for Estimating Procurement Cost, Journal of Public Procurement, 5(2), 187-209, G. W. Moore* and E. D. White, 2005.
46. Investigating Schedule Slippage, Defense Acquisition Review Journal, 12(2), 176-193, J. V. Monaco* and E. D. White, 2005.
47. A Two-Pronged Approach to Estimate Procurement Cost Growth in Major DoD Weapon Systems, Journal of Cost Analysis and Management (Winter), 11-21, M. B. Rossetti* and E. D. White, 2004.
48. R&D Budget-driven Cost and Schedule Overruns, Journal of Cost Analysis and Management (Summer), 80-97, E. J. Unger, M. A. Gallagher, and E. D. White, 2004.
49. Using Logistic and Multiple Regression to Estimate Engineering Cost Risk, Journal of Cost Analysis and Management (Summer), 67-79, E. D. White, V. P. Sipple*, and M. A. Greiner, 2004.
50. Surveying Cost Growth, Defense Acquisition Review Journal, 11(1), 78-91, V. P. Sipple*, E. D. White, and M. A. Greiner, 2004.
51. Bacterioplankton Dynamics in the York River Estuary: Primary Influence of Temperature and Freshwater Inputs, Aquatic Microbial Ecology, 30(2), 135-148, G. E. Schultz, E. D. White, and H. W. Ducklow, 2003.
52. Weibull-based Forecasting of R&D Programs, Journal of Cost Analysis and Management, Special Edition (Special Issue - Winter), 41-54, T. W. Brown*, E. D. White, and M. A. Gallagher, 2002.
53. The Effects of Training History, Player Position, and Body Composition on Exercise Performance in Collegiate Football Players, Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 16(1), 44-49, T. A. Miller, E. D. White, K. A. Kinley, J. J. Congleton, and M. J. Clark, 2002.
54. Forecasting Readiness - Regression Analysis Techniques, Air Force Journal of Logistics, 25(3), 1:29-40, S. A. Oliver, A. W. Johnson, E. D. White, and M. A. Arostegui, 2001.
55. Student Perceptions of Clinical Mistreatment, Radiologic Technology, 73(1), 18-24, M. Moreno, E. D. White, M. E. Flores, and J. Riethmayer, 2001.
56. Investigating Estimator Consistency of Nonlinear Growth Curve Parameters, Communications in Statistics: Simulation and Computation, 30(1), 1-10, E. D. White, 2001.
57. Minimum Sample Sizes for Identifying Chromosomal Fragile Sites from Individuals: Monte Carlo Estimation, Human Genetics, 101, 109-112, I. F. Greenbaum, J. K. Fulton, E. D. White, and P. F. Dahm, 1997.⇑ Return to top ⇑