Lt Col Barbara Shephard is a logistics and management course director at the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. She develops and instructs logistics, maintenance, and project management curriculum as a part of continuing education through the AFIT School of Systems and Logistics. She also leads field-focused consulting events, assisting operational units in implementing transformational management methodologies directed at improving maintenance and logistics capacities.
Lt Col Shephard is a Senior Logistics Readiness Officer with leadership experience at the staff, wing, group, and squadron levels. She has recently deployed in support of Operations FREEDOM’s SENTINEL and INHERENT RESOLVE.
Prior to assuming her current position, Lt Col Shephard served as the Director of Wing Inspections, 445th Airlift Wing, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
2002 Bachelor of Arts, Workforce Education and Development, William Carey University, Miss.
2002 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Master of Human Relations (MHR), University of Oklahoma, Norman, Okla.
2010 Squadron Officer School by correspondence
2017 Air Command and Staff College by correspondence
1. June 2002 - July 2004, Combat Operations Support Flight Commander, 81st Supply Squadron, Keesler AFB, MS
2. July 2004 - July 2005, Deputy Readiness Flight Commander, 8th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Kunsan AB, South Korea
3. July 2005 - September 2006, Traffic Management Flight Commander, 435th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
4. September 2006 - December 2007, Deputy Distribution Branch Chief, 3rd Air Force, Ramstein AB, Germany
5. December 2007 - November 2008, Commander, 94th Maintenance Operations Flight, Dobbins ARB, GA
6. November 2008 - February 2009, Supply Flight Commander, 94th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Dobbins ARB, GA
7. February 2009 - October 2011, Maintenance Operations Officer, 442nd Fighter Wing, Moody AFB, GA
8. October 201 - February 2013, Readiness Flight Commander, 76th Aerial Port Squadron, Youngstown ARS, OH
9. February 2013 - December 2013, IMA to the Repair Network Integration PMO, AFMC/A4, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH (January 2013 - July 2013, Executive Officer, AFMC/A4, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH)
10. December 2013 - July 2016, Operations Officer, 445th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
11. July 2016 - September 2019, Director of Inspections, 445th Airlift Wing, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH (January 2018 - July 2018, Operations Officer, 386th Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Squadron, Ali Al Salem AB, Kuwait)
12. September 2019 - present, Course Director, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with one silver and one bronze oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with one service star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 6, 2002
First Lieutenant July 6, 2004
Captain July 6, 2006
Major April 1, 2012
Lieutenant Colonel October 1, 2018
(CURRENT AS OF JULY 2021)