PhD in Applied Mathematics (Statistics), Air Force Institute of Technology, 2014
MA in Military Operational Art and Science, Air University, 2011
MS in Operations Research, Air Force Institute of Technology, 2009
BS in Physics, North Dakota State University, 2000
- Grisham Award (Outstanding Technical Weather Company Grade Officer), 18th Weather Squadron, Fort Bragg, North Carolina, 2003.
- Field Grade Officer of the Year, Air Force Weather Agency, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, 2010.
Refereed Journal Articles
- A.J. Geyer, D.A. Bulutoglu and S.J. Rosenberg. “The LP Relaxation Orthogonal Array Polytope and its Permutation Symmetries.” Journal of Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing, Vol. 91, November 2014, pp. 165-176. Cited by 3. Journal Impact Factor 0.24.
- B.E. Haac, C. Varela, J. Tomlinson, A.J. Geyer, B.A. Cairns and A.G. Charles. “The Utility of the Kampala Trauma Score as a Triage Tool in a Sub Saharan African Trauma Cohort.” World Journal of Surgery. 2015 Feb; 39(2): 356-62. Cited by 22. Journal Impact Factor 2.62
- J.R. Gallaher, B.E. Haac, A.J. Geyer, C. Mabedi, B.A. Cairns and A.G. Charles. “Injury Character- istics and Outcomes in Elderly Trauma Patients in Sub-Saharan Africa.” World Journal of Surgery. 2016, 40: 2650. doi:10.1007/s00268-016-3622-y. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/ s00268-016-3622-y. Cited by 3. Journal Impact Factor 2.62.
- A.J. Geyer, S.N. Hall and J.T. Moore. “Operations-Focused Optimized Theater Weather Sensing Strategies.” Military Operations Research. Vol. 21, No. 3, 2016, doi 10.5711/1082598321351, pp. 51-71. Journal Impact Factor 0.083.
- B.E. Haac, J.R. Gallaher, C. Mabedi, A.J. Geyer and A.G. Charles. “Task-Shifting: The Use of Laypersons for Acquisition of Vital Signs Data for Clinical Decision Making in the Emergency Room Following Traumatic Injury”. World Journal of Surgery. 18 July 2017. 41: 3066. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00268-017-4121-5 Cited by 6. Journal Impact Factor 2.234.
- A.J. Geyer, D.A. Bulutoglu and K.J. Ryan. “Finding the Symmetry Group of an LP with Equality Constraints and its Application to Classifying Orthogonal Arrays.” Discrete Optimization. Vol. 32, May 2019, pp. 93-119. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.disopt.2019.01.001. Cited by 1. Journal Impact Factor 0.824.
- B.E. Haac, A. Nemirovsky, W.A. Teeter, A.J. Geyer, R.K. Cross, D.M. Stein and A.C. Bafford. “Injury Characteristics and Outcomes of Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease after Trauma: A Propensity Score Matched Analysis.” Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. Oxford University Press. 21 October 2019. https://academic.oup.com/ibdjournal/advance-article-abstract/doi/10. 1093/ibd/izz254/5601417. Journal Impact Factor 4.261.
- D. Sanderson†, E. White, A. Geyer, W. Roeder and A. Gutman. “Optimizing the Lightning Warn- ing Radii at Spaceport Florida.” Weather and Forecasting. 7 February 2020. https://journals. ametsoc.org/doi/10.1175/WAF-D-19-0129.1. Journal Impact Factor 2.95.
Invited Book Chapters
- A.J. Geyer. “Making Big Data Models Work Right,” Thinking About Big Data for the SOF Enterprise. David C. Ellis and Mark Grzegorzewski, eds (Tampa: JSOU Press, forthcoming)
Published Technical Reports
- Air Force Institute of Technology Quality Initiative External Discovery Committee. 2017. Final Report of the AFIT Quality Initiative External Discovery Committee. AFIT/EN/TR-17-02, https://scholar.afit.edu/docs/1
† Indicates member of student’s committee.