Captain Maygan Rhodes is an Instructor of Contracting at the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT). Prior to AFIT, she was, most recently, a Contracting Officer for the Special Operations Forces (SOF), Personnel Recovery (PR) and Special Warfare Division at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (AFB), Ohio where she managed $840 million contracts supporting 5,000 operators and foreign partners. Capt Rhodes led acquisition planning and contract execution in an office responsible for $15.3 billion United States Air Force (USAF) and foreign military sales programs. Capt Rhodes also served as a Contracting Officer for The Air Force’s Small Business Innovative Research initiative and was selected to provide contracting expertise for the 9th cohort of the Air Force’s Advanced Tactical Acquisition Corps (ATAC) which was charged with developing next generation war-gaming for the Air Force Warfighting Integration Center.
Capt Rhodes has served as a contracting officer and buyer for a variety of DoD and foreign military customers throughout her tenure in the Air Force including Air Force Special Operators, the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC), the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Air Force Research Labs (AFRL), the United States Army, Iraqi National Army along with our coalition partners supporting Operation Inherent Resolve, the Air National Guard Recruiting Service as well as base level operational contracting customers at Wright-Patterson, Selfridge, and Vandenberg Air Force Bases.
Capt Rhodes enlisted in the United States Air Force on 09 January 2002. She served as an enlisted member in the Command & Control, Contracting and Recruiting career fields spending time on both Active Duty and in the Air National Guard for more than 14 years before commissioning through The Air Force’s Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, AL in October of 2016. She currently holds a limited Contracting Officer’s warrant.
2002 Air Force Basic Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2002 Command Post Controller Apprentice Course, Keesler AFB, Miss. 2005 Airman Leadership School, Vandenberg AFB (Academic Award)
2006 Mission Ready Contracting Apprentice Course, Lackland AFB, Texas (Distinguished Graduate) 2011 Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Northwood University, Mich.
2012 Air Force Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Keesler AFB, Miss. (Distinguished Graduate) 2012 Air National Guard Recruiting School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2016 Air Force Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Masters of Science in Organizational Leadership, Northwood University, Mich.
2017 Mission Ready Contracting Officer’s Course, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio (Distinguished Graduate)
1. May 2002–July 2006, Command Post Controller, 30th Space Wing, Vandenberg AFB, Cal. (January-May 2006, Command Post Controller, 379th AEW, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar)
2. August 2006–January 2008, Contracts Specialist, 30th Space Wing, Vandenberg AFB, Cal
3. February 2008–June 2012, Contracts Manager, 88th CONS, Selfridge ANG Base, Mich.
4. July 2012–October 2016, Enlisted Accessions Recruiter, 88th FSS, Selfridge ANG Base, Mich
5. November 2016 – August 2019, Contracts Manager/Contracting Officer, AFLCMC/PZI, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH (January-July 2019, Contracting Officer, 408th CSB, Camp Taji, Iraq)
6. August 2019 – August 2020, Contracting Officer, AFLCMC/WIS, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
7. August 2020 – Present, Instructor – Mission Ready Contracting, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster Army Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant 28 October 2016
First Lieutenant 28 October 2018
Captain 28 October 2020