Request books from the Library
(posted Thursday, April 23, 2020 11:14:07 AM EDT)
Although the physical library is closed during this pandemic crisis, we know that access to the library’s print collection is important.
Students and faculty can request material from our physical library using the instructions below. Material will be able for pick up every Wednesday from 1000-1200 at the circle in front of Kenney Hall.
To request material:
Go to the library catalog and locate the book that you need.
Write down the Title and Call Number of the book and confirm that the Status indicates available.
Email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1500 on the Tuesday before pickup.
You will receive an email confirmation that your request has been processed. Requests will be processed in the order that they were received. If two people happen to request the same book, it will be checked out to the first person requesting it. You will be notified if the book is no longer available.
If you are looking for material and it is not available in the catalog, please do not hesitate to email your department’s library liaison. They will be happy to help you look at other options for accessing the material.
A library staff member will be at the circle every Wednesday, 1000-1200, in front of Kenney Hall to distribute the material. Please pull up to the circle, show the staff member your CAC ID and they will hand you your requests.
At this time, we will not be accepting any book returns. All material checked out will continue to be renewed until everyone is permitted to return to campus.
AFIT Library Closed: Services and Resources for Students and Teleworkers
(posted Friday, March 20, 2020 3:18:00 PM EDT)
As the AFIT community moves online only for the next few weeks, the library staff remain committed to assisting you and provide access to the resources you need. Below are some online access points for research, ways to contact us and updates on library services.
· Use our Ask a Librarian service
· Contact your library liaison directly with any questions or for assistance with research
Access to Resources
· Access journals, databases and ebooks online with an off campus account
· Update: Passwords for AFIT Library Off-Campus Access are now case-sensitive.
· The Library Catalog and AFIT Scholar are available directly from the library homepage. (Library Home in top left of this site).
· Visit our research guides page for other helpful information and resources.
Book Pickup Requests for Wednesdays (click here to get started)
· Due Dates – Library staff will automatically renew all material currently checked out. If you have an item that is already overdue, you still might receive a system-generated overdue notice.
· Library staff are still able to outprocess military in vMPF as long as you do not have any material checked out. If it is crucial that you outprocess before campus opens again for you to return books, please contact your liaison and we will work something out.
· Due to the circumstances, do not worry about returning your library card. We have plenty that we can recycle. If you are PCAing though, please keep your card. When campus opens again, stop by the library. Our circulation staff will update your card so you can check out material under your new organization.
The D'Azzo Research Library team plans to continue to offer Interlibrary Loan services for electronic materials without interruption, however please note that we rely on other libraries to fill your requests and many libraries have closed their physical locations to promote social distancing efforts. What this means for you:
• Requests may take longer to fill. Some libraries may be operating virtually with a reduced staff while others may have discontinued Interlibrary Loan services entirely for the next several weeks. This makes it harder for us to find a supplier for your request and may result in delays.
• Due to our library's closure as well as the physical closure of many other academic libraries, we will not be able to process requests for print materials. However, please continue to submit your requests as usual; if the book is available in ebook format other libraries may be licensed to fill the request electronically. If it is only available in print, we will cancel the request for you.
• In the event that your request is canceled, please know that this may be an effect of the current situation. If you still need your requested item, please hold onto the information and re-submit when normal operations resume.
Mango Languages Online
(posted Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:17:51 PM EDT)
With Mango Languages, conversation and film-based resources help you learn over 70 languages (including English!) from just about anywhere. And the best part?
Once you are registered you can use MANGO anywhere!
Remote Access to D'Azzo Research Library (AFIT-only)
(posted Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:15:50 AM EDT)
Need access to library resources at home or while on temporary assignment? AFIT students, faculty and staff can access several of the library's databases and full-text journals off campus with the library's remote access passwords. Click for more!
Update for users! The passwords for AFIT Library Off-Campus Access are now case-sensitive.