David R. Jacques, AD-24, USAF
Professor of Systems Engineering
Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT)
1995 Doctor of Philosophy in Aeronautical Engineering
Air Force Institute of Technology, WPAFB, OH
1989 Master of Science in Aeronautical Engineering
Air Force Institute of Technology, WPAFB, OH
1983 Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
1999 Program Management Course
Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, VA
2016 – General Bernard Schriever Award for CY 2015
2012 – Co-author of Best Paper, Conference on Systems Engineering Research, March 2012
2011 – Best Journal Paper of the Year for 2010, American Industrial Hygiene Association
2011 – Co-author of Best Paper, INCOSE International Symposium, June 2011
2010 – Co-author of Best Paper, Conference on Systems Engineering Research, March 2010
2008 – Department Nominee for AETC Educator of the Year
2007 – Air Force Association Colonel Charles Stone Award for Leadership in Education
2006 – Associate Fellow, AIAA
2003 – HQ USAF Science and Engineering Educator of the Year
2002 – Air Force Association Colonel Charles Stone Award for Leadership in Education
2001 – Member of AFOSR STAR Team for Research in UAV Control
1998 – HQ USAF Science and Technology Award for Research and Development
- Humphreys, C.#, R. CobbF, D. Jacques and J. ReegerF, A Hybrid Optimization Technique Applied to the Intermediate-Target Optimal Control Problem, Global Journal of Technology and Optimization, Vol. 7, Issue 2, 2016.
- Vandawaker, R.M.*, Jacques, D.R., Freels, J.K.F, “Impact of Prognostic Uncertainty in System Health Monitoring”, International Journal of Prognostic Health Management, ISSN 2153-2648, 2015 011, May 2015.
- Mailloux, L.#, Morris, J.D.#, Grimaila, M.R.F, Hodson, D.D.F, Jacques, D.R., Colombi, J.M.F, McLaughlin, C.V.E, and Holes, J.A.E, “A Flexible Modeling Framework for Studying Quantum Key Distribution System Implementation Non-Idealities”, IEEE Access, Vol. 3, January 2015, pp. 110–130.
- Albinali, S.* and D. Jacques, “Structure Health Monitoring (SHM) System Trade Space Analysis”, Structural Durability and Health Monitoring, Tech Science Press, Vol.10, No.1, 2014.
- Sweetnich, S.R.*, and Jacques, D.R., “Skin Detection with Small Unmanned Aerial Systems by Integration of Area Scan Multispectral Imagers and Factors Affecting their Design and Optimization”, International Journal of Monitoring and Surveillance Technologies Research, Volume 2, Issue 3, July – September 2014.
- Morris, J.D.#, Grimaila, M.R.F, Hodson, D.F, McLaughlin, C.E, and Jacques, D., “Using the Discrete Event System Specification to Model Quantum Key Distribution System Components,” Journal of Defense Modeling and Simulation: Applications, Methodology, Technology, Sage Press, DOI: 10.1177/1548512914554404, October 17, 2014, pp 1-24.
- Vandawaker, R.*, D. Jacques, E. RyanF, J. HuscroftF and J. FreelsF, Health Monitoring Impact on Non-Repairable Component Maintenance Manning, Submitted to Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, Vol. 23 Issue 1 pp. 82 – 94, 2017.
- Hendrix, J*., Jacques, D., and Weir, J.F, “Continuous Decision Support”, International Journal of Multicriteria DecisionMaking, Inderscience Enterprises, Ltd., Vol.4, No.1, 2014.
- Morris, J.D.#, D. HodsonF, M. GrimailaF, D. Jacques and G. Baumgartner, “Towards the Modeling and Simulation of Quantum Key Distribution Systems”, International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Advanced Engineering, Vol. 4, Issue 2, Feb 2014.
- Hardman, N.#, D. Jacques, J. ColombiF, R. HillF and J. MillerE, “Requirements Elicitation through Legacy Mishap Analysis”, AIAA Journal of Aerospace Information Systems, Vol. 10, No. 3 (2013), pp. 105-113.
- Ryan, E.*, D. Jacques and J. ColombiF, “An Ontological Framework for Clarifying Flexibilty-Related Terminology via Literature Survey”, INCOSE Systems Engineering, 16(1): 99-110, 2013.
- Ryan, E.*, D. Jacques, D. RitschelF and C. SchubertF, “Characterizing the Accuracy of DoD Operating and Support Cost Estimates”, Journal of Public Procurement, 13(1): 103-132, 2013.
- Ryan, E.*, C. SchubertF, D. Jacques, D. RitschelF and J. Colombi, “A Macro Stochastic Model for Improving the Accuracy of DoD Life Cycle Cost Estimates”, Journal of Cost Analysis and Parametrics, 6(1): 43-74, 2013.
- Stryker, A.*, D. Jacques, “Plug-and-Play Satellite or PnPSat – A Modularity Assessment”, AIAA Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol.49, No.1, January 2012.
- Pachter M.F, J. Hansen#, D. Jacques and P. BlueF, “Optimal Guidance of a Relay Aircraft to Extend Small Unmanned Aircraft Range”, International Journal of Micro Air Vehicles, Dec 2010.
- Oyama, K*, D. Jacques, A. Stryker* and D. LongF, “Linking Modularity to System Assembly: Initial Findings and Implications”, Research Forum, Volume 4, Issue 1, World Scientific Press, June 2010.
- Jacques D. and D. SmithF, “A Simplified Building Air Flow Model for Agent Concentration Prediction”, Journal of Occupational and Industrial Hygiene, Volume 7, Issue 11, 2010.
- Hardman, N.#, J. ColombiF, D. Jacques, R. HillF and J. MillerE, “An Empirical Function Allocation Method and its Application to Traffic Collision Avoidance”, International Journal of Applied Aviation Studies, Vol.9, No.2,2009.
- Ford# T., J. ColombiF, D. Jacques and S. GrahamF , “A General Method of Measuring Interoperability and Describing Its Impact on Operational Effectiveness”, Journal of Defense Modeling and Simulation: Applications, Methodology, Technology, Vol.6, No.1, Jan 2009.
- Jacques, D., J. Bode* and M. PachterF, “Optimization of an Autonomous Weapon’s Operating Characteristics”, IEEE Systems Journal, Vol.3, #4, December 2009.
- Ford T.#, J. ColombiF, D. Jacques and S. GrahamF, “On the Application of Classification Concepts to Systems Engineering Design and Evaluation”, Journal of Systems Engineering, Volume 12 Issue 2, 2009. pg141-154.
- Colombi J.F, D. Jacques and D. StroubleF, “Maximizing Warfighter Capability using Surveyed Necessity Measurement: Application to the USAF F-15C Fleet”, Defense Acquisition Review Journal, Vol.15, #3, Dec 2008.
- Kish, B.*, D. Jacques and M. PachterF, “Optimal Control of Sensor Threshold for Autonomous Wide Area Search Munitions”, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol.30 #5, Sept-Oct 2007.
- Decker*, D., D. Jacques and M. PachterF, “A Theory of Wide Area Search and Engagement”, Military Operations Research: Journal of the Military Operations Research Society Vol.12 #3, 2007.
- SznaierE, M., J. CloutierE and D. Jacques, “Receding Horizon Control Lyapunov Function Approach to Suboptimal Regulation of Nonlinear Systems”, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol 23, #3, May-June 2000.
- Jacques, D., D. B. RidgelyF and R. CanfieldF , “Discrete-Time, Mixed-Norm Control Synthesis Applied to Aircraft Terrain Following”, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, Vol 19-5, September 1996.