Students assigned to the Graduate School of Engineering and Management by the U.S. Air Force and other military organizations in a fully sponsored capacity to pursue a degree full-time incur no financial liability concerning tuition.
All other students are responsible for their financial obligations, including tuition.
- Documents and Information needed at the beginning of each term
Note: Student may not use duplicate federal benefits (i.e. Unit funding and Tuition Assistance). Reference: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/132225p.pdf
- Point of Contact (POC) information for billing purposes, if not listed on Bursar form or if no form is used, please send via e-mail to Bursar at the beginning of each term (i.e., name of sponsor, unit, self-pay)
- ALL Students (excluding ORISE) must complete the AFIT Bursar Information form EACH term. Please contact the AFIT Bursar office at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the form or download from www.afit.edu/ADMISSIONS/doclib.cfm.
- Tuition rates for 2018-2019 Year
- 2018-2019 Tuition Rates
- $351 per credit hour
*Rates are subject to change without notice, please contact the Bursar for current rates
- Students or POC's will be invoiced after the beginning of the term.
- The student will be invoiced if no funding document (or POC info) has been received it will then become the responsibility of the student to ensure their tuition payment is made.
- The Bursar's office will not re-bill if the funding documents are turned in after the invoices have been sent. The student will need to take a copy of their invoice and funding document to their Unit RA or Base Education office.
- Payment is due by the due date listed on the invoice. A " Bursar Hold" will be placed on the student's account if the account has not been paid in full by the due date. The Hold prevents a student from being able to register for additional courses, receive grade(s), graduate or receive a copy of their transcript.
- Payment Methods
- Dropped Courses
- AFIT is unable to refund tuition payments therefore students/sponsors will not be invoiced until after the term begins. The effective date of cancellation is the date the student submits the completed drop form to the Registrar's Office, not the last day the student attends class. Please contact the Registrar's or Bursar's office for more information on drop dates/tuition due.
- In special circumstances, when a withdrawal is certified by the individual's command to be mission essential, AFIT will consider an extended period for calculating the tuition owed. The student's command will submit, in writing, specific details to the AFIT Bursar's Office. A decision will be made by the AFIT Chief Financial Officer on a case-by-case basis.
- Financial Aid
DAGSI scholarships are the major source of financial aid for Non-DoD Civilian Students. However, other grants and scholarships may be sourced and used by the student. Research assistantships are also available.
Financial Support Options:
- Bursar Hold Policy (24 JUL 2015)
The Graduate School of Engineering and Management accepts all veterans education benefits available under the Department of Veterans Affairs and any State veteran programs as well. Please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551 to determine your eligibility under those programs or your States office of veterans affairs.