CTISR is developer of the Air Force Institute of Technology Sensor & Scene Emulation Tool (ASSET), a physics-based image-chain model used to generate synthetic electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) sensor data with realistic radiometric properties, noise characteristics, and sensor artifacts.
ASSET was developed to meet the need for applications where large volumes of data with precise knowledge of the underlying truth is required but is impractical to obtain for real sensors. Its development has been sponsored by numerous DoD organizations including the Space and Missile Systems Center, National Air and Space Intelligence Center, and Air Force Research Laboratories.
ASSET is available to U.S. Government agencies and their contractors.
1. Register for a DI2E account using project key CTISR
Ø Note for defense contractors: a government sponsor is required
2. After you have a DI2E account email email@example.com to request access to the ASSET project. Including the following:
* Physical address
* Organization you work for
* Government sponsor name
* Government sponsor email address
* Government sponsor organization
3. You should receive email notification from DI2E when access has been granted. You can confirm your access by navigating to https://bitbucket.di2e.net/projects/CTISR/repos/asset-public/browse
Additional information may be found on the ASSET DI2E Confluence page (requires DI2E account).
We suggest citing both the original ASSET paper (SPIE 2017) and this web page:
S. R. Young, B. J. Steward, and K. C. Gross, “Development and Validation of the AFIT Sensor Simulator for Evaluation and Testing (ASSET),” Proceedings of SPIE. 10178, 101780A (2017).
AFIT Sensor and Scene Emulation Tool (ASSET) [Computer Software]. Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB OH. Retrieved from www.afit.edu/CTISR/ASSET (2020).