Cyberspace 200: Joint Intermediate Cyber Operations
*Joint Credit: 2.0 Joint Qualified Officer Points
Cyberspace 200 Fact Sheet (CAC required)
NOTE: Cyberspace 200 consists of two parts coordinated simultaneously; i.e., students enrolled in Cyberspace 200 are automatically registered for the Advanced Distance Learning (ADL) on-line portion of the course (approx. 40 hours study time) and the in-residence portion of the course (15 class days). The ADL is a prerequisite for the in-residence course. Cyberspace 300 is not to be taken earlier than 2 years after Cyberspace 200. Cyberspace 200 may not be taken after Cyberspace 300.
Cyber 200 Course Outcome:
Students will expand their knowledge of full spectrum cyberspace operations to develop their capability to apply tactical level tasks to operational level planning and integration in support of the Joint WarFighter.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate Defensive Cyberspace Operations fundamentals in support of the Combatant Commander and/or national objectives.
2. Demonstrate Offensive Cyberspace Operations fundamentals in support of the Combatant Commander and/or national objectives.
3. Explain operations, organizations, and authorities that sustain the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of the DoD national objectives.
4. Summarize key factors regarding cyberspace law, ethics, strategy, and policy.
5. Compare and contrast mission assurance with network assurance.
6. Apply elements of the Joint Planning Process through full spectrum cyber operations.
7. Explain cyberspace principles to non-technical personnel and joint partners across multi-domain operations.
Cyberspace 200 is an intermediate Professional Continuing Education (PCE) course designed for the development of cyberspace professionals. Course curriculum is structured to leverage students’ career experience and training to demonstrate, explain, and plan defensive, offensive, and DODIN operations in support of the AF core missions and Joint operations. Students will learn how to articulate, apply, and integrate USAF cyberspace capabilities and weapon systems at the operational level of the multi-domain battlespace. Cyberspace 200 is not an introductory course; Cyberspace 200 is a fast-paced, hands-on course for those individuals with advance understanding of the tactical level of cyber operations.