PhD in Mathematics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2008
MA in Mathematics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2005
BS in Mathematics, Pennsylvania State University, 2003
ENC Instructor of the Quarter (2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016)
SOCHE Excellence in Teaching (2012)
Ohio Magazine Excellence in Education (2013)
Google Scholar Profile
25) B. F. Akers, J. Gustafsson, J. A. Reeger and S. S. Sritharan. "Atmospheric Propagation of High Energy Lasers: Thermal Blooming Simulation", to appear in Engineering Mathematics Letters.
24) M. Paulec, M. Marciniak, K. Gross, B. Akers and D Azevedo, "Tomographic Reconstruction of a Jet Engine Exhaust Plume Using an Infrared Hyperspectral Imager", accepted to Optical Engineering.
23) B.F. Akers and J.A. Reeger, "Numerical Simulation of Thermal Blooming with Laser-Induced Convection", accepted to J. Electromagnetic Waves and Applications.
22) B.F. Akers, D.M. Ambrose, and D.W. Sulon, "Periodic traveling interfacial hydroelastic waves with or without mass II: Multiple Bifurcations and Ripples." to appear in European Journal of Applied Mathematics.
21) B.F. Akers, D.M. Ambrose, and D.W. Sulon, "Periodic traveling interfacial hydroelastic waves with or without mass." Zeitschrift für angewandte Mathematik und Physik (ZAMP), 68:141, (2017).
20) B. Akers and J. Reeger, "Three dimensional overturned traveling water waves", Wave Motion, 68, 210-217 (2017).
19) J.R Fee, JC Petrosky and B. Akers, "Re-establishing an Air Burst EMP Simulation Capability", Journal of Radiation Research and Engineering, 34:12, 53-60 (2016)
18) B. Akers, D.M. Ambrose, K. Pond, and J.D. Wright, Overturned internal capillary-gravity waves. Eur. J. Mech.-B/Fluids. 46, 181-189 (2016).
17) B. F. Akers, Modulational instabilities of periodic traveling waves in deep water. Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, 300, 26-33, (2015).
16) B. Akers and D. P. Nicholls. The spectrum of finite depth water waves. European Journal of Mechanics-B/Fluids 46, 181-189, (2014).
15) B. Akers, D.M. Ambrose and J.D. Wright, Gravity Perturbed Crapper Waves, Proc. of the Roy. Soc. A., 470, 2161, (2014)
14) B. Akers, D.M. Ambrose and J.D. Wright, Traveling waves from the arclength parameterization: Vortex sheets with surface tension, Interfaces and Free Boundaries, 5(3), 359-380, (2013)
13) B. Akers and D.P. Nicholls, Spectral Stability of Deep Two-dimensional Gravity-Capillary Water Waves, Stud. Appl. Math. 130(2), 81-107, (2013)
12) B. Akers and D.P. Nicholls, Spectral Stability of Deep Two-dimensional Gravity Water Waves : Repeated Eigenvalues, SIAM J. Appl. Math., 72(2), 689-711, (2012)
11) B. Akers, Surfactant influence on water wave packets, Stud. Appl. Math. 129(1), 91-102, (2012)
10) B. Akers and Wenxuan Gao, Wilton ripples in weakly nonlinear model equations, Commun. Math. Sci., 10(3), 1015-1024, (2012)
9) B. Akers, The generation of capillary-gravity solitary waves by a surface pressure forcing, Math. Comp. Sim., 82 958-967, (2012)
8) B. Akers and P.A. Milewski, Dynamics of three-dimensional gravity-capillary solitary waves in deep water, SIAM J. Appl. Math. 70(7), 2390-2408, (2010)
7) B. Akers and D.P. Nicholls, Traveling waves with gravity and surface tension, SIAM J. Appl. Math. 70(7), 2373-2389 (2010)
6) B. Akers and P.A. Milewski, A model equation for wavepacket solitary waves arising from capillary-gravity flows, Stud. Appl. Math., 122, 249-274, (2009)
5) B. Akers and P.A. Milewksi, A stability result for solitary waves in nonlinear dispersive equations, Comm. Math. Sci., 6, 791-797, (2008)
4) B. Akers and P.A. Milewski, Model Equations for gravity-capillary waves in deep water, Stud. Appl. Math., 121, 49-69, (2008)
3) B. Akers and O. Bokhove, Hydraulic flow through a channel contraction: multiple steady states, Phys. Fluids., 20, 056601, (2008)
2) B. Akers and A. Belmonte, Impact dynamics of a solid sphere falling into a viscoelastic micellar fluid, J. Non-Newt. Fluid Mech., 135, 97-108, (2006)
1) B. Akers, S. Bohun, P. Gibson, A. Hofinger, M. Lamoureux, J. Lobb, B. Mawby and M. Roberts. General statistical design of an experimental problem for harmonics. Can. Appl. Math. Q., 12(4), 415--437 (2004)
Book Chapters and Conference Proceedings
5) B. Akers and M. Seiders, "Numerical Simulation of Overturned Traveling Waves" (Book Chapter), to appear in Nonlinear Water Waves - An Interdisciplinary Interface.
4) D. Morrill and B. Akers, "High Energy Laser Propagation: Environmental Effects", Imaging and Applied Optics, PW1D.4, (2017).
3) B. Akers, HOPS Short Course: Traveling water waves. London Mathematical Society Lecture Notes Series. 426, 19-29 (2016).
2) B. Akers, HOPS Short Course: Stability of traveling water waves. London Mathematical Society Lecture Notes Series. 426, 51-61 (2016).
1) B. Akers, Shallow water flow through a channel contraction: multiple steady states, Proceedings of the GFD Program, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, 97-117, (2005)